Outcome of 7th October meeting
This event has now taken place.
We had more than 140+ people come along and give us their views during the day – thank you to everyone who participated in this valuable exercise. We’ve also collected a number of views from the “Post-it” notes from attendees to help us with our deliberation. We publish a summary of these views later, if there is a positive vote to go ahead (see voting below)
Voting to continue?
We asked for participants who attended the actual meeting to cast their vote into a ballot box on whether to continue with setting up a Neighbourhood Plan (a simple “Yes” or “No”).
Voting closed @ 17:01 on 17th October. The vote was overwhelmingly to continue.
Presentation Boards from October meeting
- Click on this link to view the presentation boards used at the October meeting
Information about the original meeting continues below:
When and Where?
- Wedmore Village Hall
- Friday 7th October 2016 from 2pm to 9pm
The Purpose of This Event
- To find out if Wedmore Parish wants a Neighbourhood Plan (NP)
Why Prepare a Neighbourhood Plan?
- Sedgemoor DC supports Neighbourhood Plans, because they will select sites to build more homes over the next 15 years
- How? By offering communities the ability to decide where they should be built, but not whether they should be built; and by getting communities to do the work.
Tell Us: Does Wedmore Need a Neighbourhood Plan?
- At the end of this exhibition, you can mark a voting slip ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
If there is a majority vote for ‘Yes’ our next event will be to:
- Set out the facts
- Invite residents to express their concerns, issues and solutions for their community.